,m Sean´s Shenanigans: Raging

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Raging

Here in Han Oi at the moment. Arrived here at about 6am this morning. Thought trip lasted 'till 9, so had put down 6 valium, couldn't even think straight when I got off. Got a moto to town which brought me to me senses pretty quickly - twas freezing and me only in a tee-shirt. Found hotel and asked them to wake me up at 9am so I could go to Chinese embassy - got the call at 10:30. Rushed to the embassy and missed closing time by 2 mins - but guy wouldn't budge (thought about bribing him but some of these commie guys take it as a great insult). Of course by coincidence, the hotel offers a service for $7 more. Had to come into an internet cafe to calm myself down before going back - don't want another HCMC incident!
The visa takes 4 days, which comes to 6 including the weekend - the last day of my Vietnam visa. So it will be a mad rush to border if possible. Could get a visa extention but would cost another $20, which seems pointless for just a couple of extra days.
Off now for a few polite words with the nice receptionist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home