,m Sean´s Shenanigans: Potosi - Food

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Potosi - Food

Since I came to Bolivia I´ve only been out one night - mainly because I blew far too much money in Cusco. I´ve found that I always seem to be hungry here. All I seem to do is eat. A meal in the market here in Potosi coast about 60 cents.

I´ve also come across a culinary delight here that I have seen no where else - namely the "egg in the spud". The only person i´ve seen make it is an old woman up by the miners market (a 30 min walk from the centre of town). The nucleas of this phenomen is a hard boiled egg. The egg is encased within a mashed potato shell and coated in an secret batter (the old woman would not let me know the ingredients). This is then shallow fried and served in a sheet of paper. And this cost of this? A mere 10 cents! The woman beside here sells Llama meat and corn for 30 cents - a cheap meal or what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home