,m Sean´s Shenanigans: Electric Showers - Latin America Style

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Electric Showers - Latin America Style

Before I came to Latin America, an offer of an electric shower would be warmly welcomed, especially in those places with cold climates. However, whereas my idea of an electric shower is something akin to a Triton T90i , the folks down here have a different idea - the Lorrenzetti!

As can be seen from the picture, who needs an electrician to install one of these showers, when you can do it yourself with the aid of some green electricial tape. The heat of the water is dependentent on the amount of water that is forced through. In cold places, to get the water hot enough the amount of water that flows through the shower head is miniscule - open the tap a little to increase the flow and the water goes cold!

It would be fine in hot places (in Asia you rarely see and heating of the water) were it not for the dangers of electrecution. In Copacabana, Bolivia, during a shower I suddenly noticed that I could no longer see my feet. My first thought was that it was stream, but on further investigation it turned out to be smoke from the electric shower - it seemed to be overheating or something. And tonite, when I went to turn off the tap after a shower, I got an electric shock! Eventually I managed to turn it off with the aid of a towel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home