,m Sean´s Shenanigans: Johnny O´Leary

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Johnny O´Leary

Arrived here in Asuncion, Paraguay yesterday, took 20 hrs and two buses from Salta. It was a little touch and go getting across the border; officials were telling me that I needed a visa while I was protesting that the visa regulations for Irish had changed. Eventually someone found an info sheet that stated us Irish no longer needed a visa. From what I was told the regulations changed last March! The city is ok as far as capital cities go. It is quite hot here - a high of 32 degrees today. I have been just walking around the city for the last day. Off east tomorrow to Ciudad del Este on the Brazilian/Argentine border. Apparently there is a pretty big hydro-electric dam over there that Paraguay shares with Brazil.

Juan E. O´Leary Street, Central Asuncion

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home