,m Sean´s Shenanigans: Kiwi Land

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Kiwi Land

Here in Auckland at the moment. Took a 14 hours flight from Buenos Aires to here last nite. From being 4 hours behind Ireland, I am now 11 hours ahead - I lost Saturday!

Got a bit of hassle at the airport. When I went up to the desk, the immigration guy said I looked nervous. I replied "why would I be?", and then he asked me to hold my hands out. Well, after the session I went on for the last week in Buenos Aires, lets just say they weren't very steady! I told him I was on the beer for a while and he asked my what type, what brand and all this other stupid stuff. He then said that the machine wasn't locating my visa and that I had to go to the special immigration section, but to to get my bags first. While I was waiting for my bags, a sniffer dog was brought up to only me and the guy next to me. Thoughts of something being planted came to mind. After waiting about 40 minutes outside the immigration section, a guy came out, said everything was ok and that I could go.

Its a bit of a shock arriving here. Prices are pretty high and the fact that i've being in the spanish speaking world for 9 months makes hearing English strange.

I'm off to buy a box of Weetabix now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weetabix! The breakfast of champions. Glad to hear you've made it to New Zealand. You've beaten all the predictions of being "shot dead in Mexico city".

Up the Deise!

4:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

D'ya hear Sean? After "being in the spanish speaking world for 9 months makes hearing English strange."

After being in Waterford for years before that, I'm sure that hasn't been doing you any favours either!

Fair play though, Phileas Fogg - not quite eighty days, but you're getting there. It's all the trouble you've been getting in that's slowing ya down!

Keep her lit, anyway, boy!

ps Jay is in Oz and making his way to NZ. Not sure when, but soon anyway.

pps if you're still down that way by the end of Nov., Emily (sis in Edinburgh) is heading that way with Paul (her boyfriend) and she said she'd love to meet up ... re-read that again, Sean, and take note of the fact that she HAS a boyfriend.

5:27 pm  
Blogger Sean said...

Whats the challenge if she doesn't have a boyfriend - anyway it'll never last. I still have that Russian Commando after me, after the hit was put on me in Moscow.

If you can survive Wexico Town, you can survive anywhere!

2:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home