,m Sean´s Shenanigans: Sunday Football

Monday, August 22, 2005

Sunday Football

Went to the local derby between San Lorenzo and Independiente here in Buenos Aires yesterday. The game ended in a 1-1 draw. The hostel here were doing a tour there for ARG$80, but I went myself and ended up paying ARG$45 for a ticket. I found myself wedged in the away terrace with the Independiente fans. The game was pretty much a sell out with thirty to forty thousand fans. There was barely standing room there; all the fans seem to do is chant and jump for the whole game! At half-time, all the fans around me sat down and proceeded to skin up joints.

Unfortunately, Boca Juniors were playing away at the weekend, but they are playing a Southamerican Recopa match against Once Caldas of Colombia on Wednesday night. From what I hear, its the Southamerican version of the UEFA cup, but I not sure how big a game it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home