,m Sean´s Shenanigans: Pandas

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Pandas

Went to the computer market here in Chengdu today. Its made up of 2 massive malls, one is 7 stories high and the other is nearly as big. They have everything that goes onto, into, or beside a computer. Was looking at cameras, the prices are lower that I can see on the internet. Waiting 'till I get to Urumqi before buying because it has a tax free port status (even though its the furthest city in the world from the ocean!) and I may get one cheaper. Its may also be dearer, but anyroads i'll soon see.
Tried to book a flight there for tomorrow but alot of problems. First, I couldn't enter my credit card details on the net, so I had to ring. Then, when I looked at my email this evening hoping for confirmation, I see that they want me to fax them my signature, passport and credit card! I did that and not they still havn't sent confirmation. I'm not sure what i'll do now.
Chengdu is the place in China to see Pandas. Its costs 70 RMB to go out there with a tour from the hostel to see them tomorrow. I'll probably do it but you have to get up at 7am or something. You can also pay 400 RMB and have a picture taken cuddling one - some chance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home