,m Sean´s Shenanigans: All Blacks

Sunday, September 04, 2005

All Blacks

Went to the New Zealand - Australia rugby game last night. The game was just about a sellout; there were over 45,000 people there. Had some difficulty shifting my spare ticket, as there were still tickets available from the official ticket booths before the match. Was talking with 2 touts and they had 30+ tickets each left each (they had bought the tickets as part of a package with the Lion's Tests, so I'm sure they had their money made from those games). I decided to stand by the ticket window and ask people as they went up to buy tickets (most were there to collect tickets). Eventually, a nice guy (he was chauffeuring the president of the ASB bank to the game) bought the ticket off me for face value ($70), so all I lost was the $6 booking fee. Happy Days!
The atmosphere wasn't great (especially noticeable as my last game was Boca Juniors) but the game was good. Most of the tries were scored at my end. After the All Blacks went up 20-0, I thought Australia were going to be hammered, but they scored 3 tried and came within a point of New Zealand before they woke up and eventually won the game 34-24.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home