,m Sean´s Shenanigans: On a Goodin

Thursday, October 20, 2005

On a Goodin

Been flat out working for Goodin Contracting here for the last 10 days. Worked about 100hrs in the last week. Starting about 6am and finishing around 10/11pm. Its been raining here today so couldn't do any tractor driving, only did about 9 hrs; mainly machinery maintenance. Been plounging mostly (90% of my time is spent sitting in a tractor).
I'm staying in a little building (bedroom and toilet) near Tom and Lyn's home (Owners of Gooding Contracting). Lyn cooks me dinner (nice to have some home cooking at last) and the yard is only 20m away - my car hasn't moved since I got here.
The area around here is very scenic. It was formed when Mt. Taranaki erupted many moons ago.
I'm driving a 120hp John Deere 6620 with a 4 sod/furrow adjustable-width reversible Kverneland plough (a green tractor with a red plough for the city boys).
Back to the Ploughin...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home