,m Sean´s Shenanigans: The Quest Goes On

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Quest Goes On

Got an address for the embassy which was basically like telling me it was a building on the Cork Rd! I couldn't find it after a couple of hours of searching. Then went to the tourist information and they gave me an address. Went there this morning, but as it turned out, it was the address of a hotel. Luckily a guy there had passed the embassy a few days earlier and was able to point me in the right direction. When I got there (10:20 am), the cleaning lady just said "four". I didn't know if she meant 4 mins, 40 mins, 4 hours, or 4 o'clock (local time or Beijing time) ? I waited 40 mins but no luck, so I decided to head into town and come back at 4 o'clock. Fortunately there was someone there when I returned, but he said they were busy and I couldn't get a visa today (nor tomorrow either)!
Normally the price is $56 for a wait of 7 days and $112 for 3 days, but he told me that if I came on Friday morning, I could have the visa back that evening for $56. I don't feel very confident that this will happen when I go on Friday, but i'll live in hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home