,m Sean´s Shenanigans: Burning Bridges

Friday, May 05, 2006

Burning Bridges

Took a minibus to Turkestan this morning. The cheapest hotel I could find was 2000 Tenge a night, and I can only stay there one night as they are booked out tomorrow. With that in mind I went down to the train station to book a train to Aralsk. The woman at the information counter was very unhelpful, snaring at me that she didn't understand. Well I snapped!! I've taken alot of crap at train and bus stations in central asia and I let fly at her with both barrels. The whole hall was looking (admittedly not alot of people), and even if you spoke english, there weren't many words used from the dictionary. In the end I told her to "go $%&* herself, cause i'll take the bus". In hindsight, maybe it wasn't the best course of action as I found out that the next bus to Aralsk is in three days. There is a town about a third of the way there that I can make there tomorrow, there is only one minibus there a day and it leaves at 9am. I feel like Michael Palin trying to get around the world in eighty days.
I finally bought a second pair of trousers but taking up the legs on them and my old pair, I some how managed to lose my credit card - not a good day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home