,m Sean´s Shenanigans: Hotel Hassles

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Hotel Hassles

Couldn't get any answer from the Osh Guesthouse. I tried ringing but the phone just rang out. I asked the guy there if there were any hotels around. Just then some friend of his poked his head in the door and I was been led away down the street. A few back streets later, I found my self in a type of mini Ballymun. The central city lot had about 30 four-storey towers. He shouted through a window and a woman appeared. She and a few more came out and after preliminary negotiations started floundering - the call went out for the Pakistanis!
A few minutes later, two Pakistanis arrived. They said the woman wanted 600 Soms for the room. I said No. The offer came down to 500 soms for two nights. I said no, I'll give her 200 for one night - deal.
What I thought was a room has turned out to be a five room appartment, with telly, kitchen, dining room, toiley and bathroom. I think i'll stay the two nights at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home