,m Sean´s Shenanigans: Would You Leave This Man into Your Country?

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Would You Leave This Man into Your Country?

Wanted to get the bus to Osh, Kyrgyrstan, this morning but it was full. Have to settle instead for the bus that leaves on Friday morning. Was going to head down south to another town on the Silk Road but it was cold and raining, so I stayed in bed.
I sat in the restaurant for breakfast this morning looking at fresh orange juice, croisants, toast, fruit, coffee, and a big chicken burger with fries. I then looked away from to poster to see my plate of steamed mutton dumplings amd bowl of weak lukewarm tea.
Helped the manager here with English translations for the hotel website and other posters around the place. First up was 5m x 3m new banner advertising the services of the Semen Hotel (it should read Seman). He asked me if it needed changing and I replied "YES"! After typing in "define:semen" in google, he soon saw why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home