,m Sean´s Shenanigans: The Jolly Old Cobbler

Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Jolly Old Cobbler

Returned back from Kargalik this afternoon (a town 4 hours drive south of here). The best thing about the place was probably the western style toilet. It was only the second one i've seen in the past 3 or 4 weeks.
Finally bit the bullet and got my trainer soles repaired today. For the two heels and two insoles the guy charged me 20 yuan! I was in a good mood, so I paid up.
Have a bus booked for Osh, Kyrgyzstan at 8am tomorrow. Hopefully it goes, I won't say on time as the Monday bus left on Tuesday this week!
I'll miss the food here, I can choose whether to go Chinese or go local and have some Uighur delights (of which the goat dumplings yesterday were the low point). Cheap as chips too, finding it hard to spend more that $10 a day, average about 6 yuan a meal! and the hotel here is costing me 15 yuan. Expect the rest of Central Asia to be more expensive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home