,m Sean´s Shenanigans: Kyzylorda

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Kyzylorda

Here in Kyzylorda at the moment. Arrived here today after two buses from Turkestan. Donated my coat to an old blind musician before I left, hopefully he swaps it for a proper guitar. Wanted to get a train to Aralsk (the train boycott is over) to see what is left of the former fishing town after the retreat of the Aral Sea. Couldn't get any train there, so booked the train to Aktobe which leaves at 6am and arrives in Aktobe at 11:30pm.
Hotels are getting more expensive as I head west towards oil country. Got a room here for 2500 Tenge in a half built hotel. I have no hot water and a crap bed. I think i'm the only one there, with workmen all around. Wanted to buy a fridge magnet in Almaty, the shop girl quoted me $7 for one of those flexible ones! Kazakhstan is not a backpacker country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home