,m Sean´s Shenanigans: Babushka

Friday, May 19, 2006

Babushka

Here in Odessa, a southern town on the Black Sea at the moment. Arrived here this morning with no map or information (the hostel which was meant to open in April won't be open 'till July) after a 12 hour night train from Kiev. I got talking to a Babushka named Maria at the train station and bargained here down to 70 Hrn a night for the spare room in her house. When she showed me the room she thought I might like to pay the origional price of 100 Hrn as it was so nice - she was talking to the wrong man there.
She asked me what time i'll be back tonite and I told her some where between 9pm and 9am - she looked a bit worried! Want to call into the Irish Pub here and find out if they are showing the Munster game tomorrow, if so I may have an early one tonite. Also I know no one here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home